I picked up this old lamp from an auction recently – this one plus one other small one cost be the whopping total of £1 – pretty good bargain I’d say.
I loved the base but the shade had obviously seen better days. So in all my wisdom I decided to recover it.
I ripped off the trim and fabric and left the lining. I then used the fabric to make a template for the new covering for which I used some old curtain material.
I sewed all pieces together and slipped them over the shade frame. I then discovered the marvel that is CopyDex and used this to glue the top and bottom hem.
I think I did a pretty OK job considering it was my first attempt at anything like this.