Yes…..you heard me right…..the tunic is now complete. What I thought would be an easy project turned out to be anything but and needless to say the end result didn’t impress me.
The fabric was awful to work with – it kept fraying, fraid ends were getting caught in the sewing machine, material kept sliding and subsequently sewn to parts they shouldn’t have been sewn to. Just a right chew on really. The neck line with the tie was so fiddly to complete I almost gave it up as a bad job. But I’m a stubborn girl so carried on regardless. Like always I’ll always post pictures of my creations – good or bad – so here you go 🙂
Yes, you heard it here first. I have finally made a start on the tunic that was planned for last year but got side-tracked due to my son’s pokemon obsession.
This was as far as I’d gotten last time and this is how it has stayed for the last 5 months (at least!!!)
Today, having a day off work, I took the bull by the horns and was determined to make some progress. And this my friends is the progress I made.
Now I can either leave the pieces like this for another 5 months (hopefully not) or I can continue to make further progress at the weekend and keep you guys posted.
Many moons ago (think I’m going back a few years!!!) I found a sewing pattern for a lovely tunic which I fancied having a crack at. I bought the material – a lovely red satin type. Then life got in the way, the material and pattern migrated to the loft and bye, bye tunic.
Last year, however, we were forced to sort out the dumping ground that we called a loft so we could have it re-insulated and I came across the lovely material and pattern for my tunic – and I still love it, it’s obviously a classic design that doesn’t date.
Yes, I thought, I’m going to make this. Material ironed all lovely and neat, pattern pieces cut ready to go. Then my son comes home from his Pokemon club telling me they are having a “CosPlay” event (they play Pokemon cards in costumes for those who didn’t know what it was – neither did I till last year!!!) and he wants a costume, preferably Harley (a Pokemon trainer I think). Well have you tried getting a pokemon fancy dress costume online – I wasn’t going to pay £75 for one so I thought “I can make that” :). I found a pattern for some trousers which I tweaked a bit and I also used parts of the pattern for my elusive tunic to create a jacket. I was quite pleased with the finished articles, considering my lack of dress making skills. Only problem was he never actually got to go as he was ill – blooming typical.
Anyway here’s the finished product for you all to admire. And this weekend I am going to attempt to make a start on my tunic – here’s hoping 😀