Many moons ago (think I’m going back a few years!!!) I found a sewing pattern for a lovely tunic which I fancied having a crack at. I bought the material – a lovely red satin type. Then life got in the way, the material and pattern migrated to the loft and bye, bye tunic.
Last year, however, we were forced to sort out the dumping ground that we called a loft so we could have it re-insulated and I came across the lovely material and pattern for my tunic – and I still love it, it’s obviously a classic design that doesn’t date.
Yes, I thought, I’m going to make this. Material ironed all lovely and neat, pattern pieces cut ready to go. Then my son comes home from his Pokemon club telling me they are having a “CosPlay” event (they play Pokemon cards in costumes for those who didn’t know what it was – neither did I till last year!!!) and he wants a costume, preferably Harley (a Pokemon trainer I think). Well have you tried getting a pokemon fancy dress costume online – I wasn’t going to pay £75 for one so I thought “I can make that” :). I found a pattern for some trousers which I tweaked a bit and I also used parts of the pattern for my elusive tunic to create a jacket. I was quite pleased with the finished articles, considering my lack of dress making skills. Only problem was he never actually got to go as he was ill – blooming typical.
Anyway here’s the finished product for you all to admire. And this weekend I am going to attempt to make a start on my tunic – here’s hoping 😀