After spending pretty much all day on the quilt, I’m pleased to say its finally finished. It’s not without mistakes and flaws but my theme for my kitchen is “Quaint and Quirky” and its definitely that. I’ve learnt a few lessons along the way such as take more time for meticulous measuring and sew from the middle down, turn and do the other half instead of sewing top to bottom in one straight line. I love this quilt and I can certainly say I’ll probably make another in the future but I will not be making the same mistakes again – quilting takes patience and time and next time I’ll build on these skills.
The quilt is almost finished. Sixteen patches completed and sewn together. Just the wadding and backing to sort now
Work on the patchwork quilt continues, although didn’t get a lot done as it was my dads birthday today – he loved the homemade card and IOU voucher by the way.
Anyway I think the quilt is going to be a long process but I’m hoping the finished piece will reflect the time and effort put in.
Here’s a few completed and half completed squares.
This new year I set myself a goal of making a patchwork quilt. Once again I scoured through my stash of magazines (did I mention I have a magazine addiction!!!) and I came across a, what seems a fairly easy, design called Disappearing Four Patch. So today I made a started – I’m pleased to say my 64 squares are now cut and ready to sew. Obviously the colours are not exactly the same but in true patchwork style I’ve used material I had in my stash. Apart from the cream for which I bought a double sheet for the bargain price of £4.99 – I’m sure I wouldn’t have been able to buy off the roll for that price!